Wednesday, February 17, 2016

T5W: Best Suggested Books You Loved (books recommended to you)

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the Goodreads page here for more information.  I have not participated in  Top 5 Wednesday for a while, as I did not really care for any of the topics.


I read this book almost 4 years ago.  It was highly recommended by the Facebook group, Readers of Kindle Books.  This historical novel takes place in antebellum Virginia, pre-Civil War, which is one of my favorite time periods.  I loved this story and highly recommend it.


The Virgin River series was recommended by many on the Facebook group, Readers of Kindle Books.  There are about 18 books in the series, so reading the series can be a rather big undertaking, but so worth it.  No book received less than 3 stars and most 4 or 5 stars.  One does not have to read them in order, but it is much better that way, since most of the earlier characters appear in later books and characters who have a smaller part in an earlier book has his/her own book later in the series.  These characters feel like friends and family and it is wonderful to visit them in later books.


Another book that was recommended by so many of the good folks on Facebook's Reader of Kindle Books page.  I loved this book and read it almost 4 and a half years ago.  This is ow one of my favorite authors and had it not been for RKB, I don't know if I ever would have read these books.


You guessed it another book that was recommended by those on Readers of Kindle Books' Facebook page.  I'm so glad I read this; it was just hysterical!


 
Although I heard of this book way before, I was on Readers of Kindle Books, it wasn't until I received so many recommendations there and on Goodreads that I finally picked up this book.  I'm so glad I did for it was wonderful, although it is sad that so many people felt that a whole segment of our American population should be treated as sub-human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment