Wednesday, February 8, 2017

WWW Wednesdays - February 8

IMG_1384-0




It's time for the weekly meme, WWW Wednesday hosted by Sam
@Taking on a World of Words.

All you need to do is answer the following questions:
  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you’ll read next?
So let's get onto it!

What are you currently reading? 

I currently am reading an ARC of Sunrise Canyon by Janet Dailey.  I should finish this probably sometime, Wednesday afternoon or evening.  It's suppose to be the 1st book in the New Americana series, but since the author passed away several years ago, unless they have a ghost writer or reprint her some of her other books, the series won't go any further than book 1.

What did you recently finish reading?

Last Thursday, I finished Behold The Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue and started Between The World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates, but decided to put it down for now and will read it at some other time.  I just was not in the mood for something, so heavy.  I also started listening to Phil Collins' autobiography, Not Dead Yet, but decided not to continue listening to it after the first few chapters.  I love his music, so maybe I'll pick it up some other time.

What do you think you’ll read next?

I picked up from the library, the middle grade graphic novel El Deafo by CeCe Bell.  I have never read a graphic novel and I haven't read comics since who knows when.  If that one doesn't work for me or I finish it before next week, which I think I probably would. I had A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron that I just downloaded for my Kindle.  As for what I will be listening to, I haven't been able to stick to a book; nothing is really appealing to me even though I have a long list of audiobooks that I would like to listen to.  I just downloaded Michael Moore's Stupid White Men with all that's happening in the U.S. right now, it might be relevant.  I've actually enjoyed some of his other books and documentaries, so we'll see if this one works for me.

What about you?  Have you read any of these or do you plan to?  What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment