Saturday, May 25, 2019

Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews

Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews

3 stars. I really wasn't crazy about any of the characters, especially for quite a long while into the book, even by the end I wouldn't consider him favorite characters The first part of the book, I was thinking that I might give it 3 stars, but it was near the end that made me decide it was worth 4 stars on Goodreads. The story was a little on the long side and could have been at least 50 pages shorter. There were also a few typos/mistakes that should have been caught in the editing process. There were 2 separate mysteries, 40 years or more apart from each, in one incident, one victim was given the wrong surname (that of the other victim). If I had read the ARC, I would have assumed it would be caught and not used it to judge the book, but this was a library and therefore the finished project. When I wrote this review the morning after finishing the book, I rated it 3.5 stars and was going to raise it to 4 stars on Goodreads, but now after typing it and thinking about the story more, I feel 3 stars is a better rating in my mind. I liked the book, but wasn't overly crazy about it, and I had really enjoyed the author's previous book, The High Tide Club, so I will read more by Mary Kay Andrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment