Thursday, November 26, 2015

#T5W Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books You Are Thankful For

This week's topic is Top 5 Books You are Thankful For.  In no particular order:



1.   Ready-made Family I must have read this in grade school and enjoyed it.  Don't really remember that many specifics, but I credit this for my interest and love of adoption ever since I was young.  I remember thinking I will adopt when I am adult Some 30+ years later, my husband and I adopted our son.


2. The Little House Books Without these books, I may not have had such a long-lasting love of reading.    I know I read the about half of these, but I do not think I read the last few of the original series.  I wish these books were available for the Kindle, I don't often re-read books, but I think these would be enjoyable and probably quick reads.

3. Although I have yet to read the Harry Potter or Percy Jackson series of books, I am thankful that they have resulted in a whole new generation of readers.  Many of whom may not have been ones who typically were readers, especially in this age of electronic everything.

4.  I am thankful that I picked up that first historical romance back in the late 80s.  I believe it was Janelle Taylor's First Love, Wild Love and though it was not quite a 5 star read (or looking at my rating at the time maybe it was), it resulted in me reading many other historical romances and finding many great historical romance authors. 

5.  I am thankful that my mother instilled the love of reading, although she herself is not really much of a reader except for the newspaper; over the years, she has occasionally read a book here and there.  But having a parent read to a young child is probably one of the best ways to get that child to want and to enjoy reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment