This week's topic is Top 5 Books You are Thankful For. In no particular order:
1. Ready-made Family I must have read this in grade school and enjoyed it. Don't really remember that many specifics, but I credit this for my interest and love of adoption ever since I was young. I remember thinking I will adopt when I am adult Some 30+ years later, my husband and I adopted our son.
2. The Little House Books Without these books, I may not have had such a long-lasting love of reading. I know I read the about half of these, but I do not think I read the last few of the original series. I wish these books were available for the Kindle, I don't often re-read books, but I think these would be enjoyable and probably quick reads.
3. Although I have yet to read the Harry Potter or Percy Jackson series of books, I am thankful that they have resulted in a whole new generation of readers. Many of whom may not have been ones who typically were readers, especially in this age of electronic everything.
4. I am thankful that I picked up that first historical romance back in the late 80s. I believe it was Janelle Taylor's First Love, Wild Love and though it was not quite a 5 star read (or looking at my rating at the time maybe it was), it resulted in me reading many other historical romances and finding many great historical romance authors.
5. I am thankful that my mother instilled the love of reading, although she herself is not really much of a reader except for the newspaper; over the years, she has occasionally read a book here and there. But having a parent read to a young child is probably one of the best ways to get that child to want and to enjoy reading.