Wednesday, November 18, 2015

#T5W Top 5 Wednesday: Top Authors You Discovered This Year

Although the actual topic for this week is Top 5 Hunger Games Moments (movies or books), I have never read the Hunger Games (not a fan of dystopian fiction) since this is my 1st Wednesday book blogging.  I thought I'd pick a Top 5 from the other month (I think it was from October).  Since it is November, I'm going back 12 months to December 2014 to choose the authors that I discovered..

In no particular order the Top 5 authors I discovered this year are:

1.  Stacy Finz - She writes the Nugget series, which takes place in Nugget. California, a small town in the Sierra Nevadas.  I started at the beginning of the year reading an ARC of the 2nd book in the series, Finding Hope. I loved the book and she hooked me into reading the first one, Going Home and since then have been lucky enough to get the next 3 as ARCs.  I'll be reading #4, Starting Over within the next couple weeks, I hope and #5, Getting Lucky just came out last week. and a new one is coming in February, Borrowing Trouble.  I'm looking forward to reading them all.

2.  H.Y. Hanna - I discovered her last December.  She is an Australian writer and wrote her first contemporary romance series, Summer Beach Vets, which takes place in Australia and consists of 5 short books.  This summer, she continued with a spin-off series, Summer Beach Brides.  I'm anxiously awaiting the release of her next book.

3. Jenny Hale - I discovered her also last December, also through an ARC from NetGalley.  I'm on the third book written by her.  I think she has 5 books out, 3 Christmas ones and 2 that aren't.  She writes sweet romance novels.  It is refreshing to be able to read a book where the characters don't either jump in bed way too soon or just have steamy, love scenes.  I do enjoy those too (although not  Fifty Shades of Grey).  I am currently reading her newest release, Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses.

4.  Collen Coble - Although she has written quite a number of books, I first read her earlier this year.  The Inn at Ocean's Edge, which was the first book in the Sunset Cove series.  She is a Christian fiction writer.  But boy was that a good book.  Mystery, suspense, romance, it had it all and was full of plenty of twists and turns.  She has Mermaid Moon, which will be released in January as the second in the Sunset Cove series.  I have this as an ARC and hope to be able to read this in the next month or so.

5, Linda L.T. Blair - Like the other authors, I discovered her through an ARC I received on NetGalley.  She wrote a memoir/auto-biography of her life in Vietnam during and before the time of the Vietnam War.  I usually do not enjoy books on the war, but as this was her personal story, it was extremely interesting. She is coming out with a 2nd book that I believe follows her life after Red Blood, Yellow Skin: A Young Girl's Survival in War-Torn Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment