Tuesday, July 31, 2018

2018 Mid-Year Freak Out Tag

1. Best book you've read so far in 2018? The best book that I read this year came out quite a while ago. Anne Frank Remembered: The Woman Who Helped Hide The Frank Family by Miep Gies
2. The best sequel you've read so far in 2018?
I read a few books in a series that I gave 4 or 5 stars to, but the one I most remember would be If I Run by Terri Blackstock. It's a Christian thriller series that I started last year and I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. The entire series is great!
3. New Release you haven't read yet but want to?
There are several new releases I want to read, but since I have ARCs of these two, I really want to read them soon. Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover and The High Tides Club by Mary Kay Andrews. 4. Most-anticipated forthcoming releases! One that has not yet released that I am excited for is Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris. 5. Biggest Disappointment of 2018 so far? The book I read that I was most disappointed in that I read this year is No Biking in the House Without A Helmet by Melissa Fay Green. Being an adoptive mom like her, although I have only 1 child and she has many more than me, I was really looking forward to this one and heard so many good things. Actually, it is one of my lowest ranked books that I 've read this year. I almost wish I had DNF'ed it. 6. Biggest surprise in 2018 so far? The biggest surprise was actually not a good surprise, but a surprise none the less. I was surprised how much I disliked Peony in Love by Lisa See. Most of her books that I read were 4 or 5 stats, but this one I hated and was tempted to DNFit. 7. Favorite debut so far in 2018? Born A Crime by Noah Trevor is the only book I rated highly in the first part of 2018 by an author who had not written a book before. 9. A book that made you cry? It takes a lot to make me cry in a book. Often a dog dying would do it. I can't remember specifically if any book that I read this year actually made me cry, possibly The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks or Anne Frank Remembered. 10. A book that made you happy? Reading makes me happy. I can't think of a specific book that made me happier than the rest. I wish I could say the Little House series, since it was nice to reminisce and although I gave many of them 4 stars, a lot of what I reminisced about was actually the tv show. 11. Favorite book-to-film adaptation so far? The only book that I read that was made into a film was Fried Green Tomatoes. I don't think I saw the film and wasn't that crazy about the book. I would really like to see Terri Blackstock's If I Run series made into movies, of which If I Live was the final book in this trilogy. 12. What books do you need to read before the end of the year? I want to finish the Little House series, since I have only 2 books left These Happy Golden Years and The First Four Years, I should get these done in the very near future. I then want to read Prairie Fires by Carol Fraser about Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment