Saturday, April 27, 2019

Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis

Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis

Ugh, I just deleted my long review. Too make it more short and sweet. I didn't enjoy this one as much as Animal Magnetism. I wasn't crazy about Jade, but I did like Dillon the former foster child who made something out of himself. I found way too many sex scenes in the book, which since I listened to this, I found myself thinking not again and fast forwarding through the love scenes. I'd give this more a 2.75 or even 2.5 stats. I'll give this series another chance.

Also, another thing that really turned me off was although this book was published in 2011, the author used the term mentally retarded. By that time, that term was not politically correct and I don't think that term was used since the 80s. The story doesn't take place then and is not a reprint of a book published back then. I think that terminology should have been caught and changed during the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment