Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Books You Want to Finally Read in 2017

Top 5 Wednesday was created by Ginger Reads Lainey and is hosted by Sam at Thoughts on Tomes, see the Goodreads group for topics!

This week's topic is Books You Want to Finally Read in 2017
These are those books you meant to read in 2016 or 2015 or 2014 and never got around to. Those books that have been sitting on your TBR for a while, and you really want to get to. These aren’t upcoming 2017 releases; these are older books that need your love too!”- Goodreads 

This was actually last's weeks topic, but I got confused and thought it was the following week's topic and what really is this week's topic I thought was for last week and I was not interested in the other topic so I never realized my mistake until the other day, when I went to work on this week's topic.  So, I will just be making this week's post what should have been last week's.

Do Not Forsake Me (Outlaw Hearts, #2)

This is a definite read during the first half of 2017.  Rosanne Bittner has been a favorite author since the 90s.  I had re-read Outlaw Hearts earlier this year since it had been over 15 years since I read it the first time.and 20 years after she wrote Outlaw Hearts, she decided to write a sequel and has since followed it up with 2 more books in the series.  Therefore, I need to start reading the rest of this series as soon as possible.

Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #3)
.
I finally started this series earlier this year and read the second book, Hollow City in October.  I'm thinking March would be a good time to read this last book.

Breathe: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy, #1)

Of all the unread books on my Kindle, this is the one I have had on it for the longest time, since July of 2011.

Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith

This has been on my library TBR for quite some time.  I really want to get to this in 2017.  I try to read one or two books about Fundamentalist Mormons  each year and although I have several on my TBR on my Kindle at home.  I'd like to get this one off my list.

In the Land of the Long White Cloud

I really would like to read this book in 2017 also.  It has been on my TBR for close to 4 years or more, I think.  It takes place in New Zealand and I don't think I read anything set there.  I know so little about that part of the world.  It is a pretty long book at 666 pages, so maybe the next time Sam at Thoughts on Tomes has her Tome Topple readathon.  She just had one in November, so it'll probably be at least 6 months away or so.

What are your top 5 books that you want to finally read in 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment