Tuesday, December 1, 2015

#T5W: Best Audiobooks

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the goodreads page here

I just started reading/listening to audiobooks this year and I really enjoy it.  I do it spurts it seems and still prefer to read them usually on my Kindle.  In no particular order:

1.
Summerland was my very 1st audiobook.  It took a bit to get use to.  But I really enjoyed it.  I don't remember a lot of the specifics of this book, but it sure wasn't the light fluffy summer read that I was expected.  It was told in the point view of several characters and revolved around a car accident that claimed the life of Penny Allstair and left her twin brother in a coma, as well as its effect on the passengers who were unhurt physically, but not emotionally.

2.
This was the by the niece of the current leader of Scientology and discusses her life in Scientology (her parents were Scientologists and her eventual escape.  I think I enjoyed this more since I listened to it on audiotape than I would have if I read it.  So much of Scientology is bizarre; one wonders how seemingly intelligent people can buy into it.  It has piqued my interest and I look forward to reading Leah Remini's book, Troublemaker.

3.
Jim Gaffigan, if you don't know is a comedian and by listening to this book.  It was like listening to a very long comedy show by him.  I would have enjoyed this if I read it, but listening to it just increased my enjoyment.

4.
Another book that I enjoyed more on audio than I would have in physical form.  I really enjoyed the short-lived TV show, although some of this book was a lot more raw than the TV show, which was on during early primetime.

This was very interesting.  It was the memoir of a young woman born in Iran, who was imprisoned in a Tehran prison and brutally interrogated for what us, Westerners commonly do. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope to be listening to My Life As A Traitor very soon. Here's my T5W:http://readingwithwrin.blogspot.com/2015/12/audiobooks-i-want-to-listen-to-t5w.html

    ReplyDelete