Monday, April 27, 2020

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organise yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and er… add to your groaning TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Hope everyone is reading and staying busy, as well as sane.  I'm trying to!  Our governor just extended the stay-at-home order to May30th and school has been cancelled for the rest of the school year or in actuality, it will be e-learning, which I have doubts  about how effective it is. especially for elementary or middle school students.
 Wannabe FarmsA Map of Days (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #4)

What I read last week:

Wannabe Farms is for upper primary graders or lower middle graders. It is really a cute book written in prose.  I was listening to a Map of Days, the fourth book in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children.  Now that they are in the U.S., I am enjoying the series again.

The Blackbird Girls

What I am reading now:

Another middle grade book.  This one take place in Russia and is about the Chernobyl disaster in April 1986
I started listening to An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer, which is the 5th book in The Land of Stories series.  It is narrated by the author and I decided I'd rather read it in the near future.
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

Up next:

Tomorrow, I think I will start listening to Roll of Thunder. Hear My Cry.  I never read this as a kid, not sure why

8 comments:

  1. I'm reading lots of audiobooks these days. Staying at home isn't really a problem for me as I seldom left the house even before the Stay At Home orders. Ours is set to expire on May 4 but wouldn't be at all surprised if it were extended. Our kids will finish this school year via distance learning too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been listening to lots of audiobooks; sometimes just to cover up my son's playing of Fortnite! I'll be checking out your post as soon ax

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVED The Blackbird Girls by Anne Blankman! I have a review for it coming tomorrow if you want to pop by!

    https://booksicedlattesblessed.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Wannabe Farms to some kids this week virtually - they loved it. Very silly. I did not love Peregrine's series - maybe I should try it again. I am doing a lot of audio right now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are "talking" about starting to open certain parts of our state (PA) starting May 8th but I'm not holding my breath. hehe I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2020/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-42720.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a copy of Wannabe Farms but I haven't read it yet, I appreciate your thoughts. I have been thinking about when I could buy The Blackbird Girls with all the positive reviews I have read on that one. Thanks for the post, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is terrible, but I cannot remember if I read Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry when I was younger. I mean, I feel like maybe I did. But I think I may join you in reading it this year. I'm adding it to my list through my library so that I won't forget it, this summer. I'm also adding The Blackbird Girls to my "wish list" through Overdrive. I've been hearing great things about it. I know I'm super late in linking up, but I'm glad I made it over this week. I hope you have a fantastic reading weekend, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Land of Stories series--enjoy the finally!
    Mildred Taylor's series with Roll of Thunder are so brilliantly done. Enjoy.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete