Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Review: The Weight of Silence



I've been having difficulty figuring out how to review this book.  I read it nearly 2 weeks ago and keep thinking of it, but not necessarily in a good way.  Several years ago, I read One Breath Away by this author and loved it (gave it 4 stars), but this one was slow, especially the first part, had too many point of views and the ending did not standout.  In fact, the final details even now are fuzzy and only after 2 weeks, I do not think that is the sign of a good book.  Initially after I read this book, I gave it 3 stars on my spreadsheet, I rarely change my rating, but in this case, I have decided to change it to 2 stars. I kind of wish I had DNF'd the book.  I still have an ARC of one of the author's more recent books; since I loved the first book I read by her, I probably will give her another chance.  I will probably try listening to it, since my library has it both on Overdrive and Hoopla,


No comments:

Post a Comment