Monday, May 11, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 5/11/20

badge

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organise yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and er… add to your groaning TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Hope everyone is reading and staying busy, as well as sane.  I'm trying to!  Our governor just extended the stay-at-home order to May30th and school has been cancelled for the rest of the school year or in actuality, it will be e-learning, which I have doubts  about how effective it is. especially for elementary or middle school students.

What I read last week:

Wannabe Farms is for upper primary graders or lower middle graders. It is really a cute book written in prose.  I was listening to a Map of Days, the fourth book in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children.  Now that they are in the U.S., I am enjoying the series again.


What I am reading now:

Another middle grade book.  This one take place in Russia and is about the Chernobyl disaster in April 1986
I started listening to An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer, which is the 5th book in The Land of Stories series.  It is narrated by the author and I decided I'd rather read it in the near future.

Up next:

Tomorrow, I think I will start listening to Roll of Thunder. Hear My Cry.  I never read this as a kid, not sure why

No comments:

Post a Comment