Monday, May 18, 2020

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? 5/18/20

badge

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organize yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and er… add to your groaning TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

I'm still quarantining; my state still has their stay at home order in place, although we are now in Stage 2 and on target for Stage 3. I never realized what a homebody I was.

What I read last week:

Last week, I read Escape by Carolyn Jessop, and I listened to And Then They Stopped Talking to Me by Judith Warner, Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ririe Brink and An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer. I started reading An Author's Odyssey, but I wasn't enjoying it the way I had the others in the series, so I decided to listen to it since the audiobook was available on Overdrive through my library

An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories #5)EscapeCaddie Woodlawn

What I am reading now:

I just DNF'd last night my current read A Fine Line: How Most American Kids Are Kept Out of the Best Public Schools, but this morning I picked up The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf
A Fine Line: How Most American Kids Are Kept Out of the Best Public SchoolsThe Weight of Silence

Up next:

I'm literally only a couple pages into The Weight of Silence, but I think next I will read Breakfast at the Honey Creek Cafe by Jodi Thomas, since I have it as n e-ARC and it comes out at the end of the month. And later today, I'll start listening to Ethnic America by Thomas Sowell.
Breakfast at the Honey Creek CaféEthnic America: A History

I'm hoping it will be another productive week.  Also, lets hope for no rain; yesterday, we had a drenching rain all day.The ground is saturated; we've got some water in our basement.  Have you read or want to read any of these books

7 comments:

  1. I liked The Weight of Silence...and have a new book by the author that came in last week.

    Enjoy your books and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, it wasn't my favorite book. The second half, though was better than the first half.

      Delete
  2. I wish you better luck with your arc's than I'm having. I don't think it's anything to do with the books but more my state of mind and inability to settle down with a book - particularly anything very emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying Breakfast at the Honey Creek Cafe. Quite a few characters but very likeable and I love how she has that Texas setting. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I read the more I'm getting into it.

      Delete
  4. I read Escape years and years ago. I remember liking it. Have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you've had a good reading week and not much rain.

    ReplyDelete