Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bout of Books Day 2 Update

Tuesday was Day 2 of Bout of Books readathon..  I listened to 113 minutes of The Oregon Trail The Oregon Trail: A New American Journey by Rinker Buck.  The entire book is over 16 hours or so.  I had thought it was going to be a pretty interesting read, but I was sooo bored!  Ended up marking it as a DNF in Goodreads!  I'll try listening to You Can't Touch My Hair You Can't Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain by Phoebe Robinson, while I'm doing things around the house today.  I tried reading it several months ago, but wasn't enjoying it as I hoped; I think listening to it will be better!

I also read another 42 pages in The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer.  I'm really enjoying this book.  Never got to read anything on my Kindle.  Trying to focus on The Land of Stories, while I get the chance to read and luckily, I had no insomnia last night; otherwise I probably would have read from my Kindle while in bed, so as not to wake my husband.  As I think of it, any reading that I would have done during insomnia would have counted  for the next day anyhow. So, I guess I had no insomnia the night before,  Thought I did, but maybe not.

It's also the first day of the ReadTheBookAThon!  Due to the time zone I'm in and the creators/moderators are in today's twitter sprints were at 8AM and the later one today is at 5PM, not really good times for me.  Well better get going with my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment