Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Readathons

wuth1tqlReadTheBookAThon
I am participating in 2 read-a-thons this week.  Not sure how much reading I will do but I'll try.  Bout of Books 18 is a really laid-back, pressure-free read-a-thon.  There's no set books you need to read and there aren't even any suggested categories for your books.  Just read whatever you feel like.  Sounds good to me!  I'm currently reading The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer as my physical book and on my Kindle, I'm reading In the Light of the Garden by Heather Burch.  I was listening to an audiobook, The Oregon Trail, but it just got too boring, so I DNF'ed it.  I think last May or August, I participated in one of the previous Bout of Books,  Unfortunately, this readathon does not have Twitter sprints, which I always enjoy and is a good way for me to make sure I read some each day.  Bout of Books 18 runs from Monday, January 2nd through Sunday, January 8th.

ReadTheBookAThon is a totally new to me readathon.  I'm not sure if there have been previous ones or not.  I just found out about it the other day and I thought why not.  As usual you can read as much or as little as you want, but they do suggest 6 challenges for your books.  Of course, you don't have to read 5 or if you want and are able to you can read more. The challenges include:
  1. An author you have never read before.
  2. A book on your 2016 TBR.
  3. A sequel of a book you read in 2016.
  4. A book with blue on the cover.
  5. A book bought in 2016.
  6. A book on your 2017 TBR
The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell could technically fit in at least 2 challenges; both an author you never read before and a book with blue on the cover.  I think I'll choose the blue on the cover, though.  In the Light of the Garden will fit in under a book on your 2017 TBR.  Though I have had the book (actually a NetGalley ARC) for about 2 months, I planned to read it just after the new year, which I am doing. Since this read-a-thon will be the 4th to the 10th.  I'm not sure if I'll get to another book or not.  I have a short 107 page book that I recently found while I was going through stuff to give away, Everyday Heroes: extraordinary dogs among us, which would fit perfectly under an author you never read before. I'm also planning to listen to an audiobook and I just downloaded the book, You Can't Touch My Hair.  Originally, I had an ARC of this, which I tried reading, but I ended up DNF'ing it last year.  I think I wasn't in the right mood at the time and I'm hoping it will be better listening to it than reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment