Wednesday, January 18, 2017

WWW Wednesdays - 1/18/2017

IMG_1384-0


I am going to try doing this weekly meme.  This meme is currently hosted by Sam @Taking on a World of Words.

To take part all you need to do is answer the following questions:
  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you’ll read next?
So here’s my 3 W’s for the week.

What are you currently reading?

Currently, I am reading an ARC from NetGalley Buzz Books 2017 Spring/Summer, which contains excerpts of 40 books that are coming out this spring and summer.

What did you recently finish reading?

I just finished  an ARC of  The Chibok Girls: The Boko Haram Kidnappings and Islamist Militancy in Nigeria.  The book that I was reading last Wednesday, The Second Mrs. Hockaday, I ended up marking DNF.  I just could not get into the story due to not liking the writing.    I was also listening to Born to Run and was having difficulty getting into that one also.  The book itself is well over 500 pages and the audiobook was over 18 hours.  I like Bruce Springsteen's music, but I just could not listen to 18 hours of his book.  Maybe I'll try it again sometime in the future, although I doubt it, but if I do it won't be anytime soon.

What do you think you’ll read next?

At this point, I have just a little less than 2/3rds left to read and I am not really sure what I want to read next.  I did download another audiobook from Overdrive, The Girls She Left Behind (Lizzie Snow, #2). It sounds interesting and the book cover is gorgeous.  Hopefully, I'll have success with this one.

Let me know what you are reading?  Have you read any of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment