Thursday, January 12, 2017

Book Beginning on Friday / Friday 56


Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!

The Second Mrs. Hockaday

I am reading this as an ARC on my Kindle,  From the very beginning of the book:

Holland Crossroads Courthouse
Holland County, South Carolina
                         July 20, 1865                 

Dearest Mildred,

On my deathbed, I shall remember that April day, if I remember anything at all.



Page 56: However he argued with himself that I was too young and my father was too protective, to allow it, in any case.  Otherwise he would have made a bid for my hand that very day, his own wedding to Agnes be damned.

I have seen a lot of mixed reviews on this book, so we will see what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment